Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dinner for Two

Unfortunately I haven't been able to post anything due to my computer crashing. I had taken this picture a few weeks back of a simple dinner for two I made after a night of work. This dish is so simple and quick. I even had time to whip up some dessert. Using these basic ingredients I found in my kitchen, dinner was served! And delicious! 


2 chicken breasts
1 regular or sweet potato
2 handfuls of green beans
1 cup mushrooms
1/2 cup white onion
4 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Salt
Pepper
1/2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheets with foil. While oven is preheating slice your potatoes,  the white onion as thick or thin as you would like them, and your mushrooms. (I like my mushrooms meaty so I got for thicker slices) 


Place chicken breasts in a baking dish. Take your 1/2 tbsp butter, cut it in half and place halves, one on each chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, again as much or as little as you like. Poor about 4 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce over the chicken. Place the chicken in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. If chicken is thick, go for 25 minutes.


While chicken begins to bake, place potatoes on foil lined cookie sheet and cover with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using your hands, toss the potatoes to evenly coat with olive oil. Place in oven, below the chicken. They will be done with the chicken.


Using a large saucepan heat remaining olive oil. When hot add green beans, onions, and mushrooms. Again, sprinkle with salt and pepper to your liking. (optional: sprinkle with garlic powder or garlic salt) Saute for about 5 minutes, this will leave vegetables still crunchy yet hot. 




For dessert, I made this simple and light dish. After seeding a pomegranate simple poor seeds over a spoonful of cool whip, whipped cream, or ice creams. I used cool whip, it's what I had in the freezer, and it was delicious! 


Note: I also took extra pomegranate seeds, placed them in a zip block bag and smashed them with my hand. Once all the juice is released, cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and poor into a cup. Add a little ice and it is a wonderful juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment